HARNESS THE POWER OF WORKING VISUALLY
Why Work Visually? What do you mean?
And What's it all about?
If you work in the world of people – customers, clients, patients, collaborators, partners, employees, bosses, students, colleagues – then you know that sharing your message with them is critical in so many facets of your day. Whether it’s engaging with your clients about new services and products, winning that proposal for a new consultancy or taking your business and your clients on a journey to plan for the future… All of these, and many more, need you to be an effective communicator and for your communications to have impact. That’s why my clients seek out visual practitioners like me who know how and why working visually is important. And can guide them through that process.
We might all work in the world of text and copy and wordbased documents, but that’s not how we take in information quickly, gain its meaning, sort, analyse or retain it. We are all wired for visuals. So let me share a wee secret with you… I have worked in government, not forprofit and small consultancies over the past 20+ years. And I changed the way I work – and have helped my clients change their way of working – when I hit on ONE single fact:
“If you add a good visual with your text information, and check with everyone you shared that with a couple of days later, the amount they retain will be, on average, six times greater.”
Now in the world of diminishing organisational and government budgets and greater pressure to deliver more, it just made sense to include this way of working as a strategy for being effective.
Don’t worry, I won’t suggest you throw out your entire office and start again with flipcharts and markers… I do believe, however, that gaining the skills to know how and when working visually is the tool of choice you select from your professional kit is important to consider. Your next job / contract / business opportunity / outstanding customer / community project may just benefit.
You’ve got important messages to share – about your services, your organisation, your project and your professional talents. Whether you are sharing these in a meeting, a brochure or a
presentation. All of these will benefit from a visual thinking approach and you will see greater results.
I run an organisation that works with people who want to improve their communications, strategy and planning skills. The underlying belief driving this organisation is how powerful visual and creative thinking skills are for your personal and business freedom.
So I teach you actionable skills and break them down into easytofollow activities and readytoadopt templates so you and your team can learn from and use them again and again. My commitment to you is to encourage, provoke, inspire, delight and poke your curiosity and creativity into fully blossomed, fullcolour life.
This way of working is not for everyone.
So, do this quick check. Is this you…
- Curious about how working visually can increase your effectiveness – in your current role / project / business focus?
- Feeling a little bit (or a truckload) stuck in your career?
- Things at work or in life are lack lustre and you’re itching for something new but stonkered to know what that is?
- Want to explore visual and creative thinking as an addition to your professional repertoire but want to learn from someone with loads of ‘field’ experience?
- Someone that enjoys creative activities and would like a guide to build those abilities and learn their applications in your business life?
- Someone who understands the power of visuals and is looking to gain confidence in drawing and applying visuals in your work?
If you are a yes to any of these, then imagine…
- Expanding your professional toolkit with visual and creative thinking skills.
- Gaining confidence in apply visuals in your work.
- Boosting the effectiveness of the next meeting you run.
- Adding impact to your presentations and communications.
- Knowing your work and contributions stand out from the crowd.
- Being seen by others as a creative and innovative thinker.You can learn the basic techniques of visual thinking and how you can directly apply these to your work or business so you can boost the effectiveness and impact of all your communications and planning. You can build on the basics and expand your toolkit with more advanced techniques.